[pyrnet] Wanted: PYR that is wonderful with children

Requested by<Jim & Barb Hurlbutt>jbhurlbutt@mindspring.com
***********
Permission to cross post was granted
***********
Here's a situation that calls for more experience and knowledge in
dealing w/ finding the right pyr for a family.

Bear visited the children at a local hospital on Thursday. One little girl
(maybe 4 yrs old, let's call her Kelly) was especially enthralled w/ Bear.
Kelly's mum briefly mentioned that Bear looked like their dog that
had been stolen. Friday evening, the head of the dept(let's call her Ann)
called and told me the following...The little gal was recently diagnosed w/
cancer...Their pyrenees was stolen from their backyard on the first day that
they brought Kelly in for 'treatments'. Unspeakable tragedy! Ann told me
Kelly's Doc wants to help this family 'find a dog'. This Doc makes an
unusual connection with this family because he used to have a pyr too and
little Kelly is very sick. Just like you would, I want to not just 'find a
dog', I wanna help find the best dog on the planet for them.

I plan to talk to the family early this week to learn from them directly
what they want,
puppy/adult, male/female etc. I plan to also ask how they will prevent the
next dog from being stolen...something about a dog being stolen seems so
weird...but in their situation, it's just awful.

Perhaps one of you knows of a sound rescue dog or a puppy that Kelly could
have
to be with for Christmas? We are in the Raleigh/Durham area, but please
don't let
geography limit possibilities at this point. Please respond direct, or give
me a call
collect at (919)542-5241 and I'll connect you up directly with the family.

Thanks in advance,

Barb H