Re: [pyrnet] Lost Dogs

We have reports of Bunchers (dog thieves) reported in certain
areas of the state from time to time. They are not stealing the
dogs for sale to Med Schools, but to be used to train dogs to pit
fight. Which is why, when my dogs were in kennels when I was at
work, the kennels were padlocked. Although my dogs were quite
friendly and loved people, they also knew when someone was up to
no good. They also did not and do not take treats, etc from
strangers. (my handling instructor used to think that was stupid,
I think the dogs were smart and I was just as happy to leave
things that way) Pups were never left unattended in the yard.
They were either out with me or an adult dog. And I have seen my
sweet, loveable Pyrs turn into the guardians they were
genetically programmed to be when they sensed danger.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com