Re: [pyrnet] Bored Baby

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>contemplated getting a companion dog for her, but I won't have any
>"quality time" available to nurture a puppy until I get my three-month
>summer break (I firmly believe in "raising" a dog like one would a
>child), and I fear that Juma would teach a new puppy new tricks when I'm
>not around.
I would really suggest thinking about an adult rescue, or at least an
older dog as a companion for Juma. It has worked beautifully for us.
There's nothing like raising one from puppyhood, but once you see what
wonderful company they are for each other, you can't contemplate having
just one alone again! And for us, when we've lost the last two, both times
to cancer, the time has not been right for a puppy either. We've had
extraordinary luck with the adults we've brought in--they've been terrific
companions for us and for the surviving pyr in the family. So...please
don't rule out a companion just because the time is not right for you to
socialize and raise a puppy!!
Ann, Peg, Tori and Ivy Rose
p.s. Keep your fingers crossed for us! We're hoping for a puppy late
spring/early summer, when the time *will* be right!!