Re: RE: [pyrnet] Fw: OHIO Gr.Pyr. 8 months in Shelter

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> I don't know if it would be fair to bring another pyr into my life yet,
>as
>I fear that I would constantly be comparing him to Zeus. And not only with
>his wonderful side, but I have to be honest, I'm terrified of loosing
>another dog to health problems,
Oh, we've been there, Sariena...and only you will know when it's time.
When Peg's first pyr died, it was a year before we felt ready to get
another, for the very reasons you give. She was over 12 years old, so it
wasn't like losing a young dog to illness, but the loss was so intense.
Then there was puppy Paddington who was so different from Sugar, yet had
those same wonderful pyr characteristics. When he was a little over a year
old, we added an adult female, Shelley, and decided very quickly that we'd
never again have just one. When Shell died three years later from bone
cancer, along came Ivy Rose, her daughter. Again, so different from her
momma, but totally endearing. Paddington's death in May, again from
cancer, had me wondering whether I ever wanted to put myself through that
intensity of grief again, or the anxiety about the health issues. But now
there's Tori, not quite two, who's stolen my heart in new yet familiar
ways, and we're on the list for a puppy. Are we just masochists? But hard
as it is, the alternative is unthinkable...to live life without these
great white beasts who are so unique yet linked by such terrific breed
characteristics. I guess we've decided that the actual loss--of not having
them--is worse than the fear of loss!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori