[pyrnet] BARF diet

The website that Tracy receommended
http://www.njboxers.com/faqs.htm
is a really gopod way to have some of your questions on BARFing answered.  It is basically the 50 most frequently asked questions about BARF.  A great way to gain some basic knowledge.
There are also some co-ops around the country that are offering a frozen version of ground BARF (a chicken, a meat, a fish and a veggie mixture complete with ground bone).  A real time saver for the veggie mush!  Prices run faround $1.00 per pound. I, personally use the veggie mush (frozen) and supplement with de-boned chicken backs (ranging from 12 cents to 24 cents per pound) I know there is a co-op in Phoenix AZ, one in California and a Newf person is starting one in the Deleware area.
Have been feeding 5 Pyrs, 1 Newf and a Golden this for more than a year and am thrilled with the results.  Blindingly white teeth, great coats, less poo, more stamina and NO allergies.
Yes, BARF is more complicated than setting down of bowl  kibble.  And no, you don't just "throw your dog a bone".  Might be something for some of you to look into , though.
Promise - no more BARF preaching!
Linda