Re: [pyrnet] Barf diet?

I agree with a lot of what Linda Weisser says here.   OCD, although can be
predisposed (correct me and Cornell if I am wrong here) by genetics, Owners
need to take responsibility too.    Even the Barf man himself - Dr.
Billinghurst warns puppy buyers about slippery surfaces (he starts off with
saying breeders should take the first precaution in their whelping boxes - No
slippery newspapers), over exercise such as jogging, very very long walks -
jumping, standing on their hind legs (in a trick to dance type of standing) -
and some of what Linda says as well.

Pano can also happen with Barf if you feed too much as well.   He advocates
keeping a growing pup lean - which the Pyr breeders I know of all have
advocated this as well.   My younger bitch is lean but has great muscle tone.
  Now one of the Vets at our office thinks she's too thin - SHE"S NOT - she's
just right for a growing large breed dog.   So when this vet says my dog is
in great weight - on a diet they go!   LOL!

I believe if your dogs are well and you are happy with the results then stay
with that.  I was searching for something that would help my girl and the
other dogs have benefited from it as well.

Take care,
Dianne