Re: [pyrnet] BARF diet

DARN it Tracy! You got me there! <VBG> And well, since Bo's Vet
wants him to have a dental, (no way is he going under any
anesthesia at 11 unless it's an emergency) perhaps it's time to
give it a bit of a go, at least with him. Between geriatric Dad
and geriatric dog, things are sure getting interesting around
here. <sigh> Bo went for his Annual check up this morning. I
decided against Vaccinations, we titered instead for Parvo and
Distemper. Also did a Free T4 on his thyroid (sent to Antech) as
the last full Thyroid panel sent to Michigan came back with low
Free T4 level but all other values were fine, including
Autoimmune Antibodies. The Endocrineologist said he was a
"diagnostic dilemma'! <G> That's my boy! Heart and lungs sound
fine. Had his nails trimmed. HORRORS! He had a split nail on one
back foot that she had to cut short, so of course there was some
blood. Vet was rather upset about it, Bo didn't seem to mind all
that much and it didn't bother me at all. Especially since the
nail could have gotten caught and split all the way up which
would have been a lot worse.  He managed to cow kick her in the
chin to boot! Didn't struggle much at all, either. Guess he knows
that when nails are done at the Vet, there's no point. If I'm
holding him, he's not going anywhere! Hopefully, all results of
bloodwork will be back tomorrow and I'll get them when I go in to
work. It's difficult watching my boy grow old. Why it was only
yesterday he was just 8 weeks, wasn't it? Where has the time
gone?

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com