[pyrnet] The overgrown Pyr-Moose

> I have no experience with Pyrs other than with him, so I don't have a clue,
> but a 6 month old male who is as big as a full-grown female St. Bernard
> seems pretty big to me!  I DO think he's gorgeous, and I've lost my heart
> to him (to say nothing of my finger).

         He really does seem fairly large for his age. Do you recall how big
he was in the 6 month pic?  I have a 6 month boy now.   Charlie

I can't find my records at the moment, but it seems to me he was  78-80 lbs when he was 6 months. He gained about  11-18 lbs a month between 2 months and five months, then slowed down to about 8-11 lbs a month. Thank goodness. If he kept growing at the rate he did the first couple of months, he'd weigh 1000 lbs by the time he was grown! LOL!  Seriously, though, he was in very poor shape when we got him at 2 months, with HORRIBLE fleas, ear mites, three kinds of worms, underweight and severely anemic (under all that hair, he was downright bony). Now, although he's big, he's just right, I think...a little on the slim side, but that's the way I want to keep him as he's growing.