[pyrnet] drug reaction

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered anything like this, and
passing on a warning!
Almost 3 weeks ago, Ivy Rose went in to have some lumps removed (turned
out to be benign mammary tumors, and she's fine). When the area around the
incisions remained red, our vet gave us a tube of something called
"Tritop" to apply, mostly to stop the itching so that she's leave it alone
but also to help the healing process. A few days later, we started to see
damp patches on the rugs and were quite puzzled because it seemed to be
clear liquid--didn't look or smell like urine. At the same time, we
realized that we were filling water bowls much more frequently than usual,
so called the vet and had her do a urinalysis. No sign of infection, but
the urine was still quite diluted. Apparently, the ointment contains a
steroid and occasionally it has this effect, both through the skin and, in
Ivy's case, with some licking also. She seems to be back to normal now,
but I wonder if anyone else has had this experience with any kind of
steroid application? I know it's sometimes prescribed for severe
allergies, and I've always been pretty cautious of steroid meds in
general, but we only used the stuff a couple of times. Is Ivy Rose
particularly sensitive to it or does it do this in pyrs?!!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori.