Re: [pyrnet] Help! Scary neurological incident

----- Original Message -----
From: Barb Bowes
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Help! Scary neurological incident

My boy Beau had two different episodes that looked like seizures. The first one sounded very similar to your dogs episode. He came staggering into my bedroom with his head down, panting heavily, and incoherent. I thought he was having a heart attack as he had a heart murmur. I went to him and touched him but he didn't seem to recognize me. I went and grabbed my phone to call the vet. When I got back into my bedroom Beau stood up and wagged his tail and seemed absolutely normal.

He had one other seizure that I saw. That time he was playing in the front yard with his little lab/ border collie sister. He was at a full run and just flopped into the grass face first. I went to him and held him until he snapped out of it. I never saw any more evidence of seizures and my vet didn't feel there was enough seizures to warrant putting him on anti seizure medication. It was very scary to witness but didn't seem to affect his quality of life.

I would definitely have your vet take a look at your pyr. Better safe then sorry is my motto.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau