Re: [pyrnet] Family jewels

Well, he may not completely stop marking behavior, but it won't get any worse if he gets neutered. But, Bo was neutered at 9 1/2 years and has not marked since. IMO, men not wanting male dogs neutered (funny how they have no problems with spaying a bitch) just are not as secure as far as their own manhood. (at least this is what I tell those men who balk at it <G>) Most of the time, they decide to neuter the dog, even if only to change my opinion of them. <VBG> But why should they care? Anyway, whatever works. In the absence of neutering, try this. Get a 10 or 12 foot leash, and tie the dog to your waist. Absolutley NO unsupervised time in the house. When hubby gets home, since he's the one that won't neuter the dog, he gets to wear the leash around his waist. Perhaps this might change his mind? <RBEG>

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com