[pyrnet] More on Newman's "dangling participles"

Lene said:
The reason you have so many homeless dogs is not because it is =
impossible to keep an intact male at home, but because the owners don't =
try hard enough or maybe don't care enough to keep their males home. I =
live in the middle of a very small village, there are several intact =
males in the village, but I never have any of them visiting when my =
bitches are in season, because people keep them home.=

I fully intend on keeping Newman home! Whether he is out ranging for a bitch or just "out", he would still be in danger, and even if I WEREN'T concerned about him  producing pups, I'd do my damndest to keep him in for that reason alone. I'm much more concerned about the inconvenience od it all.

  At no time did I ever state that someone with an intact male was not a =
caring owner. I think you need to reread my original posts. And in spite =
of your experience I still maintain that there is no good reason to have =
an intact male if you are not a qualified owner.
  Marie, Valentino and angel Beau

I agree completely...now...just convince my husband. :-(

I also had the same type of problem with Levi spraying and my vet
recommended the same thing and it worked like a charm!   A little spray
of Nature's Miracle and then make them eat there and presto!  no more
spraying!  Levi was not neutered until he was 3 (I had him for about 6
months and had been told he was neutered...) and had escaped to "visit"
the neighbors dog, who unfortunately went into heat 3 days before her
spaying appointment!  Have you ever thought about what a Great Pyr and a
Weimaraner would look like?  While the puppies were the cutest (and
funniest) looking things I ever saw it took quite a while to find the
right homes for them.  Probably more so because I kept them until I
suckered enough friends into keeping them so that I could always see
them......

However, I really like the idea of the Chihuahua collar....  I wonder if
it could be fixed in there and then every time they do something
completely stupid it would be just a little zzp!  They same dog is
"mans" best friend but I think they really mean that they have the same
behaviors and should be trained they same way!

ROFL!  Oh, my...a Pyr and a Lab?  What DID they look like?  I think I said earlier that I bought Pet Sav'r and used it. So far, he hasn't marked...at least not that I know of. Hubby may just have cleaned it up and not said anything, wanting to avoid a fight.  And yes, I definitely agree...men and dogs NEED to be trained the same way. I just think I should've gone to Obedience School with mine! :-(  Turkey.

Gerry Koehler wrote:
>You really shouldn't have a pet if
you're not prepared to take care of it.<

Rhonda,

Jess isn't being cruel she is speaking from the heart.  And in truth I
second her opinion.  Neutering is a 'must' for non-breeding stock.  I have
no idea how long you have been married, but most wives learn how to work
deals with their husbands.  If this is really import to you (as important as
it is to Newman) then you will get him neutered, unless of course you a
concerned about physical violence, in which case I strongly suggest you and
the dog move out.
I know a couple of really good divorce lawyers! Very good at taking 'the =
pound of flesh, but not one drop of blood'.

LOL
Tea

Tea, I know that neither you, Gerry or Marie were being cruel, but no two situations are the same. Number one, no...my husband is not violent. Just a pain in the butt. Number two, not that it's anyone's business, but we've been married over 32 years and have two grown children. I havent' divorced him yet...never really wanted to, though I've been tempted to kill him at least once or twice a week. Number three, what's important to ME is that Newman not pee on my floors, thank you very much!  Fences I think I can handle, even if it takes chaining him when there's a bitch in heat somewhere, but peeing on the floor? NO.  As I said in a previous post (which I haven't seen yet, for some reason), I am simply not as convinced as many other people are that spaying/neutering is something that's so very necessary for a dog's health. But his peeing on the floor is not good for MY health! It makes me hypertensive and downright nasty!

<<Understanding all of this and knowing this all along, what did you seek from the list in the way of advise?

Well, Joe...that sounds a bit sarcastic to me. Seems to me I was asking for some nice, practical advice like the Nature's Miracle, and maybe some emotional support from friends. What I DIDN'T ask for is sarcasm, advice on my marriage, and negative comments on my sense of responsibility.

TO EVERYONE:

One thing that people on mailing lists--and in life in general need to understand is that no situation has only "one view". I like to say that everyone looks at life through different windows, thus we all have a slightly different perspective.