Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Angel

In a message dated 2/23/02 8:14:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, nakhere@hotmail.com writes:

. I know he sent me this partially deaf rescue Pyr. I
desperately needed something to love and care for after his passing. No, he
is not Thor, but he is a wonderful dog and his presence helps to heal my sad
heart.

Knowing the breed and appreciating the uniqueness of this partial handicap, this dog might be very special.  I guess that's what I love so much about the old guys and gals i.e. their noble nature and grace in the face of their failing body.  I also saw something very special recently when Abe died at 12 weeks having suffered so much for 8 of those weeks.  After all my years with the breed, this means a lot to me personally.  I still have memories of the littermates gently licking Abe's face when he first got sick.  After Abe died and I was so sad, my old man Bobby (almost 12 years now) knew how sad I was.  He came and sat with me for a couple hours, somehow knowing his presence and my petting him would help me greatly.

Mary Crane said:

"For to once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one forever."

We are just the latest "Edition" of devotees to this great breed.  Everyone associated with the breed whether having been associated with other breeds prior, will always tell you they are very unique.  I think it is their origins and how ancient they are as a breed.  This certainly is not some made up breed contrived by the minds of man, but it is the absolute faithful servant of man.  In its own humble way, along the way, it enslaves us all emotionally and intellectually.

Joe