Re: [pyrnet] Anthromorphizing animals

So, is how you treat your animals in part how your parents treated
theirs?Your psychological makeup/needs?  A function of how many
others you have?  Whether you have kids at home? Am I likely to be
more involved with my guys (Anthromorphing) when my kids grow up and
move away? Or does that also have to do with how many activities one
involves oneself with (outside pet related activities like showing,
etc. which can reinforce anthromorphing sometimes). Also, if you are
married, is one of you more likely to anthromorph than the other?

The answer is YES! Psychologically speaking, how we relate to animals, and to
each other definitely depends on all the above. We are born with a
predisposition to personality and genes send our bodies on their way to being
tall, short, fat, thin. How we "learn" to care for other living things does
greatly depend on how our parents modeled that behavior --- along with all
the factors you mention. My answer is anthromorphing can't be all bad.