Re: [pyrnet] Malabsorption problems (was Getting a Pyr to Eat)

Chrissy, my Vet and I talked about testing for malabsorption
problems with Bo, when he was so skinny. But then he was not a
big eater, either. There are tests for it, but you'll have to ask
your Vet. What my Vet did do, wa take a fresh piece of his stool,
and put a bit of x-ray film in it. Whatever it did, or did not do
to the film, showed that his problem was not malabsorption. I
guess if there had been a different reaction with the film, she
would have tested further. I'd try the Droncit first though. I've
had dogs with tapes, and they are ravenous all the time and can't
keep weight on. If the Droncit does nothing, then test further.
Are Kayla's stools normal?

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com