Re: [pyrnet] A "happening" at My house !!

----- Original Message -----
From: <Pyralive@aol.com>
To: <pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 7:49 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] A "happening" at My house !!

Hi All,
I have now added a few more gray hairs to the ones that were already "in
residence" on the top of My head

Bless your heart! And your gray hairs too. I am the resident snake wrangler
in my neighborhood. I like snakes and am well versed in what is dangerous
and what is not. People have called me while they are "trapped" in their
house because a snake is on their front porch. One enterprising yellow rat
snake even managed to get inside my nest door neighbor's sons car. And
scared the living daylights out of him. I grabbed aforked stick and got the
big bad snake out of his car. And laughed my butt off all the way to the
woods where I let it loose.

I took a closer look~~Laying there,
looking at Me, was a 4 foot snake ! After My initial heart attack, I saw
that it was a black snake, "OK, that
means there are No Other snakes in the Yard"~~~~(black snakes are very
territorial, and will kill any other snake that invades it's
territory~~poisonous and non- poisonous)~~~Black snakes are "prized" down
here for that reason~~~~

We have one of these snakes that ive under our patio. Along with a rather
large yellow rat snake. For some reason they seem to be able to co exist
peacefully totether. And they are welcome to stay for as long as they like.

Well, after the initial "look see" the snake made a "bee-line" in the other
direction, and ended up on My deck On the deck stood My 3 PYRS~~~2 adults,
and 1~ 20 month old puppy~~~
The snake is laying
there, looking at them~~(the great stand-off)~~BTW: Black snakes can be very
"fiesty"~~~
I'm screaming,(at the top of My lungs~~the entire neighborhood probably
heard
Me~)~~~ LEAVE IT !! LEAVE IT !!
I was so proud ~ Would You believe it ? All 3 dogs "backed off !

Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM

What good doggies ! Beau tried to catch a rather large lizard in our yard on
ce. I intercepted him before he managed to catch it (some lizards are
toxic). Our resident snakes have enough sense to stay in the back yard when
the dogs are out. The only snake they ever tried to tangle with what a
garter snake in the front yard. Valentino was scared to death of it. And my
little black lab/ border collie mix named Ruby just barked her fool head
off. And ran circles around it. I finally had to go out and move the poor
garter snake out of my yard. Before it had a heart attack.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau