[pyrnet] A "happening" at My house !!

Hi All,
I have now added a few more gray hairs to the ones that were already "in
residence" on the top of My head~~~(this doesn't bother Me, I worked for
them, they're Mine, besides, I consider them a "mark of Maturity")  LOL  !!
Wed. AM, I walked out with the dogs for "potty time"~~As I reached for the
"clean up bucket", something ran from Me~~We have a lot of lizzards down
here, but, this made too much noise, so I took a closer look~~Laying there,
looking at Me, was a 4 foot snake !  After My initial heart attack, I saw
that it was a black snake, (harmless)~~then the thought came to Me ,"OK, that
means there are No Other snakes in the Yard"~~~~(black snakes are very
territorial, and will kill any other snake that invades it's
territory~~poisonous and non- poisonous)~~~Black snakes are "prized" down
here for that reason~~~~
Well, after the initial "look see" the snake made a "bee-line" in the other
direction, and ended up on My deck,(these snakes are also called "black
racers", so , He moved very fast !)
On the deck stood My 3 PYRS~~~2 adults, and 1~ 20 month old puppy~~~
Susie,(AKA the great lizzard killer) went for the snake first, with AN"D"
right behind Her, Dusty,(puppy), was right behind AN"D"~~~The snake is laying
there, looking at them~~(the great stand-off)~~BTW:  Black snakes can be very
"fiesty"~~~
I'm screaming,(at the top of My lungs~~the entire neighborhood probably heard
Me~)~~~  LEAVE IT  !! LEAVE IT  !!
I was so proud ~  Would You believe it ?  All 3 dogs "backed off !!
HMMMMMM~~~I wonder if My resident black snake is still around, or did the
big, white "monsters" scare Him off ?  I haven't seen Him this AM~~~

Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM

"We need not Think alike to Love alike"

***