Re: [pyrnet] health diarrhea-long

We went through the same kind of thing with Jascha, but his seemed to
involve some kind of bacteria overgrowth.  Two weeks of antibiotics and a
lot of fiber (add unflavored psyllium seed to his food, Metamucil is one
brand - avoid the orange flavor is is repulsive on dog food) seemed to
straighten it out but it did come back several times so we added the Tylan
and now he is on Science Diet WD almost continuously.  He gets only the WD
kibble but I do alternate the canned food with regular senior food and some
selected table scraps, especially rice and vegetables or cheese for variety.
The smell of the diarrhea was distinctive with the infection.  We never
figured out what caused it to start but so far it has been under control for
about 18 months.  The puke and pooh had that same gel consistency, so I
would head to the vet earlier than later only because my dog didn't improve
each time until we had a few couple of days of antibiotics into him.  Good
Luck!