[pyrnet] CHAT: The Fuzzy Terrorist turns pastry theif

I used to tell lots of stories of the exploits of our last Pyr,
Clondike.  Some people have told me that they'd like to hear about the new
girl, Abigail, dubbed the Fuzzy Terrorist for her attitude about bicycles
among other reasons.  So here goes:

The fuzzy terrorist put one over on me yesterday.  About an hour after
Nancy had walked her, she seemed calm and cool and was snoozing in the
dining room, so I thought she was ready for what we call tea--the 1st meal
of the day has to come in the afternoon after the mail has come
because of the frenzy that causes--hence tea about 4 pm and supper about
midnight.

While Abigail was eating her regular, prescription kibble with a blueberry
muffin and 3 soda crackers on top (she has us trained--don't even THINK of
trying it with just 2 crackers), I went to the kitchen and got a cherry
turnover, a large wedge of frosted pastry with a bit of cherry filling in
the middle.  I started back to the living room and took one bite of the
pastry when I heard and saw Abigail throwing up most of her "tea" right in
front of the TV.

I curse myself for not letting her cool down more, go get rug cleaner and
paper towels, clean up the mess, not thinking that I have set a tasty
pastry down on a side table at Pyr nose height.  When I come back from
disposing of the mess, Abigail has finished the pastry and is starting to
consume the paper napkin it was sitting on.  This I managed to prevent.

When I told a Pyr friend about this last night she said Abigail took one
look at the pastry and threw up just enough kibble to make room for
it--figuring I'd be distracted by the cleanup ritual.  She is just smart
enough to make this plausible.  It is scary keeping a step ahead of her.

BTW she showed no more symptoms of digestive upset and had a light supper
later.  I suspect sinus drainage was the cause of the throwing up, as this
has happened before in bad sinus weather.

David

 David Kintsfather, Ph.D.       | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Prof. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | E-MAIL:      kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     | "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |              Francis David