Re: [pyrnet] health diarrhea-long

<<I need help fast.  My 2.6 year old female pyr Dumpling has an awful case
of diarrhea.>>

Hi Sherri,

Perhaps Dumpling has some problems with irritable bowel (IBD) which is
aggravated by the vaccines?  From what I have been told, Tylan is for scours
(in pigs mostly) and not meant to be used long term.  It kills bacteria
which means Dumpling will likely have no good bacteria left to aid her
digestion, thus contributing to the loose bowels.  Crating her for long
periods may also add to the stress as she cant go when she needs to and has
to try to hold it.  What was her original diet?  Some diet modification and
addition of things such  as probiotics to restore the healthy balance of
flora in her GI system may be beneficial.  I would suggest emailing Lew
Olsen at www.b-naturals.com for assistance.  She will be more than happy to
help.  In the meantime, watch that Dumpling does not get dehydrated.  A trip
to the vet is defeinitely in order if you are in any way concerned that she
is.

HTH

Tracy Bassett
Murrumbateman, Australia