RE: [pyrnet] health diarrhea-long

Thanks for all suggestions. I am sure I will try them all over time. A
quick update:  My vet had me fast her once again and he ask for a stool
sample, well of course for the first time ages, she hasn't pooped to my
knowledge at all yesterday or this morning.  Of course my husband left
her out yesterday and didn't watch her.  If she did go, it must be  a
little better because her lovely white butt hair was clean!!!!!!!
Hopefully, I will  get a sample to the vet tomorrow.
About the tylan powder, the vet dosed her at 1/4 tsp a day for
maintaining her problem.  Over the year I have reduced it to 1/8 tsp.
and even skip days.  I am not sure she needs it all the time but after
much testing last year, her bacteria was up over a long term.  Her diet
was changed with much improvement, but that vet stated that if it was a
food allergy it would probably get worse when she got to be around 2
years old.  She suspected a mild case of IBD or mild allergy.  With all
she eats outside and steals from the other dogs, I chose to use the
tylan instead of extensive testing for allergies. If this doesn't clear
up, I will proceed with the tests, however, I seriously doubt I can
control everything she gobbles up and therefore won't have true results.

I did ask this list a long while back if anyone knew of any harmful
effects from the long term use of tylan.  I didn't get any negative
tylan please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help.
Sherri