Re: [pyrnet] Black Pyrenees

<< I wouldn't be surprised if the recessive "black" Pyr isn't a Newfie.
No, we
> don't have a black one occasionally - that is, if it is a pure-bred.>>

We occasionally get the so-called "black Pyrs" here in TX, and there are
times they have even been advertised as such. They are Pyr sized and
often carry double dews. They are definitely mixes, of course, with the
best guess being with Anatolians, which can also carry doubles.

These dogs are not pure black. They still have a lot of white on them,
with varying amounts of black and brown on their head and body. BTW,
Pyrs and Anatolians are very compatible breeds to mix and are very good
dogs that can work well, too. I certainly would not encourage the mixing
-- either breed can do the job well, so why mix? -- but these are good
dogs.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX