Re: [pyrnet] RV tips for dog owners?

<<Are you set on a travel trailer? From what we heard  you can't leave your
dog in a campsite if you want to go sightseeing. That's why we decided on a
small, used motorhome. They can go with us sightseeing and we leave the a/c
on when we leave the motorhome.>>

This was our reason for getting the 28 ft Class C.  We would usually take
more than the dog or two that we were showing, and while we were ring side,
we felt comfortable at leaving the others in the RV with the air on.  BTW
-- we never had problems with the dogs jumping up on the over-cab bunk, and
we have some pretty energetic guys!  Also, in the 28 footer, we
"comfortably" had 4 adult Pyrs and a puppy TM.  Two of the adults were
rescues who we brought with us, which had never been in an RV before this
trip.  All did wonderfully!  And no -- we only had the one area in the back
which is designed for the dogs, not individual crates.  The dogs just hung
out with us.  We also have two sets of x-pens that when fasted together for
a fenced area to the side of the RV.  This is great, because we can let the
dogs out in this area (on kennel mats), they stay clean, and enjoy being
able to watch everything that was going on.  A motorhome is more convenient
than a trailer -- the only drawback is if you plan to take side trips you
need to pull a vehicle for such purposes.  Some places don't have parking
facilities for motorhomes, no mater what the size.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com