Re: [pyrnet] Rescue/breeder "poll"

I agree with Chrissy.  If we bring them into the world, they are our
responsibility.  We once drove 6 hours one way to pick up a 7 yr old that the
owners "didn't have time for any more."  I think that the GPCA code of ethics
states that breeders are responsible for their pups for their lifetime.  That's
one reason we seldom ship pups.  I want to be able talk to the owners and see
the dogs often.  Of course when they come back for a "vacation" and howl day and
night , I sometimes wonder.
    On the other hand, another of our breeding was once turned in to a Pyr
rescue group in another state. They contacted us and we offered to go get the
dog but they said that they had a good home for her.  That time we did agree to
let them place her.  We did trust them to judge the new owners.  I'm not sure I
would feel that way about a shelter.
Charlotte