Re: [pyrnet] Isn't it funny.....

Pyrs do seem to be very verbal.  I have a funny story about this - besides her wide variety of barks, Gypsy has a funny sort of growl when she knows that someone is upset but she can't figure out why.  It sounds sort of like 'roo', and she'll make this noise while staring at you (as if she can drag the information out telepathically using sheer willpower.)  Well, we had a repairman in earlier this week to fix my clothes dryer and large dogs made him very nervous.  I put the baby gate up in one of the hallways so that she could see him and see what he was doing, but didn't have easy access to bother him.  Apparently she figured out that he was nervous about something, and proceeded to do her "roo" thing while staring at him for an explanation.  Naturally, he thought she was growling and got more nervous, and she got upset that he was getting more nervous and got more vocal.  In the end I was able to convince him of what she was really doing, and he got close enough to her to reassure her that he was all right, and everything worked out just fine.  It was kind of funny, though!

Jeanne B.
GypsyunLTD@aol.com