[pyrnet] Hi protein

Interesting Chrissy, I have always avoided the high protein foods (>26%) for
fear of it being too hot for our Pyr.

How old is Isaac?  Is he a working LGD?  The reason I asked is this...before
I knew any better we had a hunting black lab.  He was always on hi-pro food
(you know..you  always hear that is what you are supposed to feed him), then
extremely suddenly around 7 years he got deathly ill in a matter of hours.
We took him to the vet and he diagnosed liver/kidney damage due primarily to
the very high protein (you see the liver and kidneys had been working over
time for years dealing with that rich rich diet), then suddenly- failure.

He survived and lived until 13 on an ultra-low protein (16%) after that.

To avoid a repeat of that with our pyr (which I have read are more prone to
problems with high protein) we have always been shooting for 23-24% protein.

What are your folks experiences?  Please share.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy