RE: [pyrnet] Selective barking...Just don't get it ;)

Sariena, I think you'll find that Turbo is simply barking at those things
that she thought to be a "threat" <VBG>.  Cattle although large and
sometimes messy aren't really any threat to a Pyr or to the Pyr's human.
Big, different, in the wrong place, yes, but not a threat.

Our guys also seem to have "selective barking".  Our neighbor lately has
been keeping his lab-pb mix tied in their garage.  This dog will start to
bark non-stop for literally hours at a time (I'm not exaggerating -- the
other night this dog started barking around 10:30 pm and didn't stop until
around 2:00 am!).  Fortunately our guys seem to realise that this dog is
just bored, lonely, and probably frustrated at being kept in the garage
while their other dog is allowed to roam the neighborhood (do I sound
cynical?).  As a result they generally ignore his barks.  However, they
know about 10 minutes before it arrives, that the trash truck is coming and
all begin to bark -- now that's a major threat!

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com