Re: [pyrnet] Please help

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:05:41 EST, JKW9298@aol.com wrote:

>> I literally *never* get calls from people looking for a Pyr. I get calls
>> constantly from people who want me to TAKE their Pyr though.
>> Mitzi

>Oh thats strange.... Thats sad people arent calling looking for Pyrs. Maybe
>they are reading the paper.... No Offense, but why are you so defensive? I am
>simply looking for some help in placing my Pyr. I thought maybe a Pyr group
>could help me. I could do what many people do and just take her to the Humane
>Society. I have worried myself over this. I called some people who suggested
>I just put her to sleep. I will drive her if I have to ANYWHERE. Please all I
>need is some help not, your judgement, or negative opinions.

No offense taken, I wasn't aware I was being defensive. I get accused of not sugar-coating my words & not beating around the bush, perhaps you
feel I'm being defensive because I didn't 'comfort' you concerning your decision to get rid of your Pyr girl.
Yes, you could do what a lot of people do and take her to the shelter, I'm not denying that. It seems it would ease your conscience more to go to the
'hassle' of placing her. I saw several good suggestions concerning it.
Sorry you think I'm defensive. I didn't mean to come across that way. Could be the Pyrenees puppies and 4 adult Pyrs I've been called to take so far
this month because their owners are moving, didn't have room, etc.
I'm probably just frustrated, didn't mean to take it out on you because you're moving and need to get rid of your Pyr though.
Maybe I'll get a punching bag for Christmas and can take it out on that <g>.
Mitzi Potter
Mitzi@Mitzis.net
Guthrie  OK