Re: [pyrnet] travel question

I personally would think long and hard before doing it.

Depending on where you go in Florida, temps could quite possibly be 80F+ at
times. The coats they have right now are optimum for around -30F to 50F. The
dogs` health should not be affected overall, but the sweating, drooling and
constant panting could be an issue... The dogs are going to have to work extra
hard to keep cool.

Have you ever taken the Pyr's for such a long ride before? I'm in Boston, and
it takes 24 hours to drive to Florida, and that's without stopping... I can
only imagine what it would take to drive from Canada.

If the weather seems like it will cooperate, and you can ensure they will stay
cool enough (AC, Fans, etc), and they will be ok with such a long ride, then I
say do it...

I personally can't take my Pyr for a ride longer than 15 minutes, or he gets
carsick and vomits Nutro all over the place :)

If you go ahead with the trip, Good luck, and enjoy your vacation!

Sean