Re: [pyrnet] travel question

i dont have much to say about the heat, but we take our 3 dogs with us in the
motor home for hours on end, everywhere we vacation.  they are used to riding
and they do what they do at home- sleep!  if we stop, we let them out for a
walk and some exercise.  i feed lightly when i travel if its going to be a
very long ride. otherwise i feed and wait an hour if we are 'on the move'
that day.  it seems to help to give small meals and small drinks often rather
than a full stomach.  we havent had any problems, but then our dogs have
traveled since they were tiny.  they EXPECT to go with us.  i would take
their own food and bottled water just so you dont upset their systems.  and
using a good flea/tick med like frontline right before you go is a good idea
also.  bring the drool-rags and stuff to clean the car if you have an
accident along the way.
  good luck and have a wonderful trip.