[pyrnet] Re: after surgery question - Sue

Sue433@aol.com wrote:

My second question is about the lump that he had removed during his surgery.

Sue

My 6 yo had three lumps come up in the course of a year.  Everyone thought they were just cyst.  Finally they became painful.  The vet, thinking they were just fatty deposits, pulled a sample with a syringe.  She about freaked when she saw the yucky stuff.  Anyway, all three were removed and tested.  Turned out to be some type of bacterial thing that the vet had never run into.

Dr. Emberton is now trading info with the GPCA to see if this is a common occurrence to our breed.  And she wonders if medication will take care of the next one she encounters.

BTW It was nothing to worry about.