Re: [pyrnet] Health: after surgery question

Sue, our prayers are with you and Darby--the waiting is so hard! In terms
of the E collar, we cut Ivy Rose's down a lot so that she still couldn't
bother the incision but had much better peripheral vision and didn't bump
into everything.
If the lump does turn out to be malignant, it might not be a death
sentence.  Many kinds of tumors are treatable now. Ivy Rose (10) had a
number of small lumps removed a couple of years ago that proved to be
benign, and a malignant tumor removed in December. She finished a series
of radiation treatments a month ago and is in fine form. She had very few
side effects from the treatments, and even got very laid back about going
in every day for an hour.  We'll keep hoping and praying that this is not
a malignancy, and that if it is, it's one for which there is effective
treatment!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose, Tori and Blair