[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20030305-1

In a message dated 3/5/2003 10:34:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:

Cody loves water - I think I've finally stopped him from playing in his water
dish!  Do many other Pyrs like playing in water and swimming?

Christine

Christine,
All of Mine did as puppys~~~Playing in the water dish was one of their favorite things to do ~~~An"D" really"took the cake" tho~~~He would actually Pick up the dish in His teeth, dump  the contents on the carpet, then parade around the house with the empty dish in His mouth !  I had a 3 gallon bucket at that time for Him and the other dogs~~Hubby solved this by chaining the bucket to the side of His crate~~Later on I found out about "puppy water dishes that are "tip proof"~~~I use them all the time now~
As for playing in the water, buy a tray like the ones that are used for storage of snow boots after someone comes in the house~~~these trays have a rim on them and will help to catch the spilled water~~~the one that I have here is approx 2 1/2' x 4'~~~
Hope that this helps~~
Pamc

Pam Croy
PYRALIVE@AOL.COM