From: Jennifer Helfrich-Will [mailto:moomoney@sigecom.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 8:52 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] pyr smiles

As a new pyr owner my questions is this.

I have noticed that even though pyr's are very large dogs, you would
think they would be high strung, like other large breed dogs.  Don't get
me wrong, "Rex" does have his big dog moments, but overall "Rex" really
enjoys it when you hold his head up with one hand and lightly stroke the
bridge of his nose upwards to his forehead with the other hand.  "Rex"
will sit with his eyes shut while do this and listen to me say "you are
your momma's baby, yes you are the baby"  I would just think this type
of behavior would come from poodles!  In fact, if I had a bigger lap
"Rex" would probably sit on it while I petted him?  Is this strange pyr
behavior?

Jennifer Helfrich-Will, HFA
www.askjennifer.info
www.nursinghomeadministrators.net