[pyrnet] Zuni's Update

   Just to update everyone... the bone scan found a "hot" area in Zuni's lower right leg. I have yet to speak to her surgeon about options, but it appears we will have to do something soon, mostly because it becomes clearer to me every time I look at her that she is in pain. Just talking to the radiologist so far, radiation seems like a good option. She said Zuni could have 6-8 months relatively pain-free and keep her leg at least that long. The other options are amputation and chemo, and possibly removing the affected area of her lower leg and fusing the rest together, which would leave her with some sort of crutch-leg. I'll have to speak to the surgeon about what he thinks the best thing for her would be. Mostly, I just don't want her to be in any more pain! She is just not herself these days. ...The good news is that this is the only place in her body they found any activity. I will keep you all posted on what happens, and thank you SO much for all of your advice and support. This is so hard...Zuni and I both truly felt it and appreciate it!

Emily Martorano
d3melza@aol.com