Re: [pyrnet] thyroid question

Cody my 11 year old neutered Great Pyr has a thyroid reading of 1.4 and our
vet tells me that normal readings are between 1 and 4.  She advised an other
thyroid blood test in 30 to 60 days.  If the reading is lower than 1.4, vet is
advising that Cody be put on thyroid supplements.  His cholesterol is 400 with
a normal reading being between 92 and 324.

The Paul Strang book, The Complete Great Pyrenees does mention thyroid as a
potential problem in Pyrs but does not elaborate.

I would appreciate advice - should Cody be put on thyroid supplements?

Diana and Cody