Re: [pyrnet] Snow and...hips?

Our trainer kept her newf active with fairly severe dysplasia until she
was almost 13 by giving regular Vitamin C--build up gradually because it
can upset their stomachs. The various glucosamine/chondroitin supplements
can also help, although we haven't actually had experience with the bad
hips. We used them for our boy who had luxating patella surgery and found
them a wonderful way to keep him comfortable and active without the use of
NSAIDs. We also used acupuncture, which helped a lot too.
Hope this is helpful.
Ann, Peg, Tori and Blair