RE: [pyrnet] Snow and...hips?

I wondered the same thing about clipping the excess hair growing from between their pads.  I thought maybe to clip the hair flush with Beau's pads so it doesn't hang out, would keep him from collecting ice balls under his paws.

Frank and the rest of Beau's family

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On
Behalf Of Pip Clews
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 8:41 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Snow and...hips?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. We haven't
tried several of them, so, we will now!

Another question we had about snow is just how best to
keep the snowballs off their pads. Is clipping the
long hair between the toes a good idea?

Thanks,
Pip, Tanna and Dirk

--- "Ann K. Wetherilt" <wetheri@emmanuel.edu> wrote:
> Our trainer kept her newf active with fairly severe
> dysplasia until she
> was almost 13 by giving regular Vitamin C--build up
> gradually because it
> can upset their stomachs. The various
> glucosamine/chondroitin supplements
> can also help, although we haven't actually had
> experience with the bad
> hips. We used them for our boy who had luxating
> patella surgery and found
> them a wonderful way to keep him comfortable and
> active without the use of
> NSAIDs. We also used acupuncture, which helped a lot
> too.
> Hope this is helpful.
> Ann, Peg, Tori and Blair

> with
> 	unsubscribe pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~