RE: [pyrnet] Rimadyl?!?

Roger;

Is there an alternative vet that you would trust to take your baby to for an
exam and X-ray?  I would recommend if there is, to have the problem
diagnosed prior to any type of treatment, as it could save on heartache and
misdiagnosis in the long run.  If it is an issue other than some arthritis
or stiffness, you could catch it immediately and begin treatment.  I have
used Rimadyl on my Alaskan Malamutes on an as need basis for many years,
however not long term due to possible liver conditions developing.  When the
proper diagnosis is made and if Rimadyl is the recommended treatment and
used properly, it can be a life saver.  My Alaskan Malamute, Raise, suffered
from FCE when she was only 1 1/2 years old, which means she had a stroke in
her spine and her rear and left leg were completely paralyzed for 3
months....we almost lost her and it was a devastating period of time.
However, that was 2 years ago, and she has made a 95% recovery.  She now
walks with only a slight limp and still outruns Czar the Pry like you
wouldn't believe!  However, when we have been hiking or she has an unusually
active day and begins to limp a little more, (1) Rimadyl at bedtime does
wonders.

I would strongly recommend consulting a reputable vet to diagnose the
problem before assuming any treatment.

Good luck to you.

Beth, Czar and Raisa in Rural Wisconsin