Re: Re: [pyrnet] Food issues

Hey Tracy,

Quality of protein not quantity is the key.   Though raw fed dogs are fed (or at least mine our) a variety of meats / bones - some would have higher protein content on some days while other days the meat protein would be lower.   BUT it is the quality that counts and I am not sure if these studies are just based on kibble or a combo (have to confess have not read them all).

JMHO - many kibbles though listing meat as their main ingredient making one assume that they are receiving lots of meats....should really count up all vegetable and grains listed as well - they will outway the benefit of the meat....   I belive if you measure how much food you give in a bowl - and then when that dog relieves himself use the same measuring tool to pick it up - think most folks would be amazed of how much came out opposed to what they put in.... ;-0   Makes one wonder how much benefit and how much utilization of the food actually occured here.

Take care,
Dianne