Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Pano and diet

No Linda, I was absolutely not calling you a liar. Not at all. I just
disagree that poor nutrition (and poor nutrition can come in the guise of
very expensive dog food) won't eventually lead to genetic breakdown and/or
serious health problems. I'd think that since you have had such good
genetics and not seen any breakdown is testament to proper management and
excellent genetics to start with. As well as some good nutrition in the food
you are feeding. It must also have quality ingredients as well. I also
believe there are many factors that go into causing genetic breakdown. Poor
quality food is just one of them, but one that can be avoided. I hope that
folks out there will research what they feed and feed the best they can
within their means. The Rescues here actually eat a pretty inexpensive food.
But I've researched it thoroughly (as thoroughly as possible anyway) and I
believe it to be of excellent quality with quality ingredients. It was only
a "regionally distributed" food when first heard about it, but now they are
expanding. I hope the expansion does not mean lesser quality. If it does,
I'll switch to something else.

Barb Bowes
Chelsea (Pyr)  Twister (Pyr)
Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)