[pyrnet] torn claw

Hi everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm in need of a little advice. Last night, my Pyr, Kelly, accidentally tore off one of the claws on her front left paw. It's the claw that is up on the leg more (similar to where our ankle would be) rather than one close to the ground. She somehow did it while eating a bone. By the looks of the rug where she was eating, it seems that the flesh bled some, but by the time I noticed the blood (couldn't have been more than half an hour), the bleeding had stopped.

I haven't taken her to the vet yet; her "toe" looks good -- it's a little raw looking and she's licking at it occasionally, but I can't see an open wound and it's not disturbing her walking at all.

But I wanted to see what you all thought. Should I take her in to the vet? Will they be able to do anything for her? Or is there any OTC medication that might help? Does anyone know how long it will take her nail to grow back?

Thank you!
Kendra & Kelly
Los Angeles