Re: [pyrnet] Birth Announcement

On 5 Feb 2005 at 21:37, AngelsRWee1s@aol.com wrote:

> I  can't tell you how badly I feel at my misjudgment of
> character. Betty & "  Dante"

Betty, We all started out with dogs knowing little and have learned
through the years.  That's why these discussion groups are so valuable.
I have a friend who has a pyr from a litter of two.  The Dam died and the
pup was hand raised and bottle fed, the litter mate died also.  Today this
big guy is 7 and a great Pyr :) Dante had the benefit of being with the
dam and littermates for 5 weeks.  Just be very cautious taking him out in
public, especially wait until he has completed his vaccines. Carry him for
the vet check, don't put him on the floor at the vets.  Young pups can
pick up disease quickly. Before you take Dante into the vet, you might
ask if they have had any Parvo pups in the clinic.  Or if they have an
isolation room for contagious dogs.  There were times when one of my
Pyrs was getting it's series of puppy shots, that the vet came out to the
car and gave the shot, as they had just seen a Parvo pup. Over
cautious, yes, but we all felt better about it.  :)

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/