[pyrnet] Puppy growled over a dea mouse - response?

Ok.. the new pup has been great (12 weeks old today).  But last night when
my husband was walking him, he picked up a dead mouse and when Jon went to
take it away, the pup seriously growled at him!  I dont want to be paranoid,
but I also don't want any kind of food agression or anything starting up.
Since he is a pup, should we roll him on his back when we say "No"?  He is
free fed, so really not opportunity to have him "wait" for that food.

Thanks
Linda Anderson
Night Sky Farm
nightsky@direcway.com