Re: [pyrnet] Puppy growled over a dea mouse - response?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda J. Anderson" <nightsky@direcway.com>

<<Ok.. the new pup has been great (12 weeks old today).  But last night when
my husband was walking him, he picked up a dead mouse and when Jon went to
take it away, the pup seriously growled at him!  I don't want to be paranoid,
but I also don't want any kind of food aggression or anything starting up.>.

Ah....trying it on for size!!  This is not about "food aggression".  This is
about "possession aggression".

<<Since he is a pup, should we roll him on his back when we say "No"?  >>

Absolutely not.  There is no quicker way to start an aggression response and to
get into a dominance battle. At any age.

For a lot of articles on this kind of thing go to:

 Alpha Boot Camp and other articles of interest
http://www.sonic.net/~cdlcruz/GPCC/library.htm

<<He is
free fed, so really not opportunity to have him "wait" for that food.>>

Then you are just going to have to set him up.

Linda Weisser
Olympia WA
lmweisser@comcast.net