Re: [pyrnet] Re: FOUND PYRS

I agree that this is a dreadful thing to do to any animal, but it is far better than keeping it and mistreating it.  At four months, it will be very adoptable and find a good home where it can forget all about the very short time he spent with these people.  It certainly could have been far worse if they had simply let the dog wander away and get into traffic or other dangers.  I agree that it was a cowardly way to handle it but far kinder than many other things that people have done to pyrs who have ended up at shelters.

There is a correlation between violence to animals and domestic violence, someone may have relocated this puppy quickly to save his life.

Yes, this gets under my skin.  First of all, a night drop?!  Second, the owners probably had no idea how big Pyrs get and the breeder probably didn't tell them, show them parents, etc.  When they saw how big it was already at four months, away to the pound it goes.

If they couldn't keep it and really cared about it (and if the breeder cared) they should've taken it back to them or if they wouldn't take responsibility, look into rescue but a night drop at the pound.....  I need to calm down, I don't know the whole situation and it bugs me when I start getting judgmental.

Chrissy