Re: [pyrnet] Rescue help

After all the love my dear sweet Rosie gave me for 9 1/2 years and the love I now get from Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin it is the least I can do. I have found I have a passion for this breed, and taking care of them is just about all I want to do.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Weisser" <lmweisser@comcast.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Rescue help

----- Original Message ----- From: "Country Home" <countryhome@gulftel.com>

I have e-mailed Terry to let her know I would like to help in the South
Alabama area. I plan to call and see if it is ok to pass out flyer of
available dogs when we are out and about. There is always a lot of interest
when I have Sugar Bear and Dixie at Petsmart, parks and any shopping area.
I know it takes a special home for a Pyr but this may be a way we can all
help find those special homes.

I think I will work on a FAQ on one side of the flyer and rescue contacts on
the other. I will just make sure I keep a few with me all the time and past
them out when asked about Pyrs.

Lisa
---------------------------

Thank you Lisa for reaching out to get involved. I don't know what the
requirements for the No. FL club are, but perhaps you could consider becoming a
member.

Our club does not have a flyer but we have cards (5.5x8) printed on "heavy"
stock that have the club logo on one side along with the name, phone and email
of the local rescue contact. On the back there is a brief list of things to be
kept in mind about the breed. These handouts are really meant to be taken to
shelters but they might also work for the public.

Most of all, thank you, and the dogs will thank you too !!

Linda Weisser
GPCPS
http://www.gpcps.com
lmweisser@comcast.net