Re: [inbox] [pyrnet] Re: Rescue: Parade at Nationals

Actually, it was 8 am originally and we worked hard to get it moved to the
afternoon. It would be nice if it could be right after BOB and before the
non regular classes, but the judge probably wants to get done and relax. And
this is after all, first and foremost a dog show. The "group" in the ring
talking was the Judges Education group. I agree, once they were done with
their "hands on" of the dogs presented, they should have moved out of the
ring and talked elsewhere. But, I was more disappointed that the list of
names of people and Rescue dogs I sent to the show chair was not printed in
the catalog. There are many who are not pleased with Rescue and we must move
slowly lest we be left out altogether. We have truly come a very long way in
the last year. It may not seem like it, but we have. Kerry and Marcy have
worked really hard to put together a committee that can and do work
together, and to get more programs started to benefit Rescue within the
confines of the GPCA. Not the least of which is a disaster fund complete
with disaster plan. The disaster plan and fund is in it's infancy, but it's
being worked on. And it's being pretty well received from what I've been
hearing. I'd like the GPCA to take a more public stand against puppymills,
develop more educational materials for the general public informing them on
same, and generally get the word out that there are times when you really do
get what you pay for re breeder support, etc. I really dislike the "Rescue"
versus "Breeder" mentality that exists everywhere. I've been on both sides
of that coin and it does not have to be that way. I understand both sides.
As breeders  I hope that they will love the breed enough to understand that
even though most Rescue dogs are not "well bred", those pups never asked to
be born and they still need our love and support as they are after all,
Great Pyrenees. IMO, if one truly loves the breed then they love all within
the breed. The backyard and puppymill dogs as well as the ones with
Champions in their pedigree. At the end of the day they are still all Pyrs.

Barb Bowes President
East Penn Pyr Rescue, Inc
www.eastpennpyrrescue.org
www.penndutchrescue.org