[pyrnet] Training Collars

I went tonight for the orientation meeting for the beginning obedience
class that I've enrolled Misha in.  They are recommending that we use
(during class) a prong collar, especially for "large" dogs.

I don't much like the idea of using something like that - she normally
wears (what her foster mom bought for her) a nylon slip-type collar.

I would appreciate any recommendations on what type of collar works
best for training or any opinions on using metal prong collars on
Pyrs.

Thanks!
Marilou (& Misha)