Re: [pyrnet] FW: CHAT, RESCUE: CNN Puppy Buying Story

In a message dated 5/11/2006 6:12:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Poppagib@aol.com writes:
it seems to me that the politics have skewered this person pretty thoroughly all day
I just re-read all the emails and I don't see anything that skewered anyone.

Like I said - my gripe is anyone selling a dog online or even in a classified ad.
The local pet-store (ugh!) has an ad in the paper for Pyr pups.  Makes me sick  We can bet that in about 8-10 months when those pups start their 2nd chewing stage several if not most will end up the the pound - or chained to a tree in the back yard.  Then they will bark all night and still end up in the pound.  .  sigh.....

I do agree with you about some rescues having too stringent of rules.
Most of them have learned through experience that a lot of rules are necessary but I also think they should take into consideration the individual cases.
And then of course there are always those people who get in a position of "authority" and feel as though they can play dictator over who gets a dog and who does not.
I just want to see this dog get a good, happy PERMANENT home.  I'd also like to see the person who listed her learn how to spell "Pyrenees."  LOL  (that was a joke)!

Cat,
Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs) and Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats)